My Latest Score: The Pamela Munson Clutch.
I’ve written about my obsession with Pamela Munson accessories many times (love this outfit I dreamed up here — and P.S., the jumpsuit it features is on super sale!), and was ecstatic when Pam herself sent me her darling Charlotte clutch (pictured on the adorable Mackenzie Horan above). It will be the centerpiece in many a summer outfit and I’m over the moon.
You’re Sooooo Popular: The Cutest Swimsuit Ever.
The most popular items on Le Blog this week:
+Word has it these are the best hangers on the planet.
+My favorite swimsuit EVER, now on sale!
+One of my favorite budget buy dresses I’ve found this season — is it just my imagination, or do I transform into Penelope Cruz while wearing it?
+Trust me: you need this.
#Turbothot: Advice to My 20-Year-Old Self.
I was intrigued by this click-bait-y article entitled “5 Pieces of Advice I Would Give My 20-Year-Old Self.” I skimmed it and quickly recoiled — I wouldn’t give any of those pieces of advice to my twenty-year-old self. Come to think of it, I don’t know that my 20-year-old self needed any advice from “future me”; I had plenty of support and guidance courtesy of my parents and siblings and closest friends, and I think I’ve turned out OK. (Sure, I’ve been through some rough patches, but they’ve built character!) That said, the provocation provided interesting intellectual fodder during my midday walk with Tilly. What are some of the key things I’ve learned in the intervening 13 years? Below, a couple of rules I’ve learned to live by…
- Trust your instincts.
- Read widely, omnivorously.
- Call your mom daily.
- To quote Kendrick Lamar: “Be humble.” Not a shrinking violet — an open-minded, I-could-be-wrong gentlewoman. There is nothing to be gained from arrogance, and you are never the smartest person in the room anyway.
- Never leave a restaurant or Target fitting room without checking for your designer sunglasses. (RIP, Chanel shades. Someone in Naples, Florida is happily sporting you — free of charge — on the daily.)
- Give people the benefit of the doubt. Very few people are out to cause you ill-will; make space for others and don’t be too quick to judge.
- Pray often.
- Drink more water.
- Wear your bikini as often as possible in your 20s. You’re at your peak.
- Surround yourself with people you love and who make you feel you are at your best — and then make them the priority in your life.
What would you tell your 20-year-old self?
#Shopaholic: The Aquazzura Lookalike.
+Marysia, on sale!!!
+A white blouse with interesting details — those cuffs!
+This book is getting a LOT of buzz. I feel like everyone I know is reading it!
+I love this high-necked sweatshirt!!! (On sale!)
+Thanks to the Kardashians and the Hadids, these sunglasses are having a moment. Thoughts?
+I feel like Reese Witherspoon would wear this in the carpool line. CHIC MAMA.
P.S. I’ve re-read this post at least ten times. Sigh.
P.P.S. Your next beach trip, sorted.